[CentOS] CentOS 5.x and HP ACU CLI

John R Pierce

pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Mar 12 21:12:00 UTC 2014

I had to install C5 on a dev server for various reasons (legacy system
support and so forth).    This dev server is a HP DL180 G6, with a
SmartArray P410 raid card...   I've installed hpacucli via the RPM from
HP's site, but its not finding the controller...  C5 (64 bit) is using
the default CCISS drivers for this card.

# hpacucli ctrl all show config

Error: No controllers detected.

lspci -v   reports...

06:00.0 RAID bus controller: Hewlett-Packard Company Smart Array G6
controllers (rev 01)
         Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Smart Array P410
         Memory at fbc00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2M]
         Memory at fbbff000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
         I/O ports at d800 [size=256]
         Expansion ROM at fbb00000 [disabled] [size=512K]
         Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
         Capabilities: [70] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
         Capabilities: [ac] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=16 Masked-
         Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
         Kernel driver in use: cciss
         Kernel modules: cciss