[CentOS] luksClose not closing mapped device.

centos at maziashvili.org

Sun Mar 16 17:11:02 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with closing luks device. When i run luksClose on mapped device i get following error:

[code]Command failed with code 19: No such device[/code]

So, i'm getting feeling that closing doesn’t going well... I can still see device listed in /dev/mapper,
Reopening device leads to (expected) error:

[code]Cannot use device /dev/storage/OwnCloud_Data which is in use (already mapped or mounted).
Command failed with code 16: Cannot use device /dev/storage/OwnCloud_Data which is in use (already mapped or mounted).[/code]

(Device is not mounted by the way, unmonuting device goes without problems)
Only thing that helps me is rebooting the system.
Any ideas how to approach this problem?
thnx in advance.

PS i'm running CentOS6.5 with (latest) kernel 2.6.32-431.5.1, cryptsetup 1.2.0-7.