[CentOS] ethernet bridge setup

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Mar 17 17:23:44 UTC 2014

On 17/03/14 12:56 PM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I have a USB to ethernet device connected to CentOS 6.5 on my laptop.
>
> I setup ifcfg-eth0 and added BRIDGE=br0 on eth0
> did service network restart, all came up.
>
> "seems" to be working.
>
> However when I plug an ethernet  device into the USB port that is wanting
> DHCP
> it is not getting an address.
>
> Is there something I missed in the setup?
> I was expecting the device connected to the USB to be bridged to my
> same network and be able to get a DHCP address on the same network.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry

Did you set the interface to 'BOOTPROTO="none"' and the bridge to
'BOOTPROTO="dhcp"'? When you traditional bridging, the bridge takes the
IP, not the interface.

Also, there is/was a bug where the bridge name has to sort
alphabetically after the interface, so I got into the habit of using
'vbrX' as the bridge name.

If this doesn't help, please share you interface and bridge config files.

--
Digimer
access to education?