[CentOS] forestalling kerberos for a non-kerberos user

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Tue Mar 18 19:07:13 UTC 2014

Well... we've got this annoying message in the logs: a 5.10 nfs server
complains about an nfs4_CB timeout from the client, which is running FC19.
My twist is that motion - remember me fighting motion? - is the "user"
whose home directory needs to be mounted, to store pics & video. It, of
course, has no kerberos ticket.

Ideally, I'd like to find a way to tell nfs not to check kerberos for that
user. If anyone knows a way to do that, or some other option so that it
skips kerberos, I'm interested.

One last note: krb5 is heavily in use for all normal users, so it's not
going away.

        mark