[CentOS] Desktop behaviour - click to raise

Lars Hecking lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 19 14:11:18 UTC 2014

John Doe writes:
> From: Lars Hecking <lhecking at users.sourceforge.net>
>
> > My C5, default Gnome desktop has recently changed behaviour, and I can't
> > figure out how to restore the previous behaviour.
> > Previously, clicking anywhere into a window raised it. Now, for the past
> > few days, only clicking title bar or borders raises them.
>
> Maybe try to switch on auto-raise to see if it changes anything...

 That's an awful feature but yes, it works as expected.

 There seem to be differences between releases of CentOS5. The bulk of the
 machines here are still on 5.4. I wiped a particular user home dir and
 logged into a 5.4 machine, which works as it should. Logging the same
 user into CentOS 5.10 (on a different machine, of course, but same hw),
 results in the observed behaviour.