[CentOS] Linux malware attack

Mike McCarthy sysop at w1nr.net
Wed Mar 19 17:35:25 UTC 2014

Linux server attacks are nothing new. 14 years ago I was installing a
server, Red Hat 7 I think, and in the hour or so after I installed it to
the time I applied the patches it was infected with an Apache ssl trojan.

Years ago I moved sshd off port 22, disabled password logins and use
certificates after noticing my logs filling up with numerous daily
attempts at hacking into sshd.

Mike