[CentOS] Does anyone use tcp wrappers (hosts.allow/hosts.deny) anymore?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 19:36:02 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 1:54 PM, James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca> wrote:

> The case is being made to remove a tool that is considered to be legacy.  While it is understood that legacy = old/unmaintained/crap,

No, legacy = the foundation everything else builds on.  Change it at
the risk of forcing everyone who uses your product to rebuild
everything from scratch.  In my opinion, a new version of something
isn't better unless it is also completely backwards compatible.  It's
not a fashion show - things aren't better just because they are
different.

--
  Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com