[CentOS] Does anyone use tcp wrappers (hosts.allow/hosts.deny) anymore?

Always Learning centos at u62.u22.net
Sat Mar 22 01:05:21 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-03-22 at 13:54 +1300, Cliff Pratt wrote:

> The advantages of XML are that it is a common, mature standard, it is
> easily parseable by humans and computers.

Nothing is easier and simpler than

[any-section]
parameter1=value1
parameter2=value2

Compare to XML (= the WEB PAGE 'new idea'), plain text is common, well
established and a significantly more mature standard. Plain text is
easier to read with vastly improve clarity, compared to XML, and no line
indentations or angular brackets required.

I note your reference to XML being "common, mature standard" omits any
praise for XML and also omits calling it "good" :-)

--
Paul.
England,

   Our systems are exclusively Centos. No Micro$oft Windoze here.