[CentOS] USB thermometer - perl script - problem

Jussi Hirvi listmember at greenspot.fi
Mon Mar 24 21:08:11 UTC 2014

On 23.3.2014 16.29, Darr247 wrote:
> Do you find a temper-poll script in/usr/local/bin/  ?
> (I found that mentioned athttps://github.com/padelt/temper-python  )

No. That seems to be a different approach in using the thermometer. The
one I tried was made with perl, temper-poll is python.

I tried the python scripts too, but stumbled on problems there, too. The
basic problem may be that the thermometer behavior has changed in the
new models, and the third party scripts have stopped working.

> This isn't really CentOS-specific.
> If you peruse further down the page you linked, one of the commenters
> describes the exact symptoms you're seeing, but they were running Ubuntu
> 12.04 LTS.

Yes, I found the description of symptoms, but no solution was mentioned.

- Jussi