[CentOS] has anybody gotten horde working?

Always Learning centos at u62.u22.net
Tue Mar 25 04:47:21 UTC 2014

> If CentOS shipped a distribution that was a decent mail server as
> installed then I'd certainly recommend that.  But it's a toolbox with
> lots of assembly required.   The dozen or so people who know how to
> build their own mail server from scratch probably won't ask my advice.

Having absolutely no knowledge of Linux and with some unix-type
experience from the 1970's, I installed Centos 5.3, did a yum install
exim and with virtually no configuration Exim just worked surprisingly
well. It fulfilled all my basic mail server (MTA) requirements.

Later I added customisation.

I was immensely happy I had returned to 'proper computing' and wished I
had migrated many years earlier from the misery of Micro$oft.

My good experience is, I believe, very likely to be shared by many
others around the world.

--
Paul.
England,

   Our systems are exclusively Centos. No Micro$oft Windoze here.