[CentOS] sssd run level get turned off automagically

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 10:36:10 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Clint Dilks <clint.dilks at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25/03/2014 7:52 PM, "Arun Khan" <knura9 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> CentOS 6.5 (AMD64)
>> LDAP DS:  via SSSD
>>
>> When I did the OS installation (client site), I had turned the service
>> ON with 'chkconfig sssd on'  and 'chkconfig sssd --list' showed that
>> it was ON
>>
>> However, whenever the server has been 'hard' rebooted, 'service sssd
>> status' shows that it is not running.    'chkconfig sssd --list' shows
>> it is OFF!
>>
>> I don't understand how it is automagically turned off.  Any ideas what
>> could be the problem.
>>

> Hi did you  run authconfig after setting sssd to start on boot?

The command I used was taken from this site
<http://www.couyon.net/1/post/2012/04/enabling-ldap-usergroup-support-and-authentication-in-centos-6.html>

                         authconfig --enablesssd --enablesssdauth
--enablelocauthorize --update

File /etc/sssd/sssd.conf -- once sssd is running no issue with LDAP binding.

Thanks
--
Arun Khan