[CentOS] Problems when using tc.

Tris Hoar trishoar at bgfl.org
Wed Mar 26 13:04:29 UTC 2014

On 26/03/2014 07:27, jason.zhao at sumscope.com wrote:
> On 3/25/2014 11:47 PM, jason.zhao at sumscope.com wrote:
>> [jason at localhost network]$ sudo tc filter add dev eth0  parent 0: protocol ip  u32 match ip dport 2323 0xffff flowid 1:0
>>
>> RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
>
> tc is extremely picky and hard to debug with such lovely specific
> errors. (<= blatant sarcasm)

This is an example TC script I used to use. This has port matching included.

http://pastebin.com/4ytunLSu

It's been a few years since I looked at tc (this comes from a rhel3 server)

But IIRC it worked fine.

Tris

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation