[CentOS] GLIBC_2.7 not found

Leon Fauster leonfauster at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 27 14:27:42 UTC 2014

Am 27.03.2014 um 14:10 schrieb Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com>:
> On 03/27/2014 08:51 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> that certainly does happen and individual packages can be excluded (and
>> the bugs reported) ... but upgrades still need to happen whenever possible.
>>
>> We have released  4 different kernels since 6.5 (so 5 kernels including
>> the one on the 6.5 iso ... so keep checking if it works).
>>
>> Again, these updates happen because there are issues that need to be
>> fixed, and it is very important that they get applied.
>>
> Hi Johnny,
>
> First let me thank you and the CentOS team for the great work that you do!
>
> Secondly I don't disagree about the need to keep our systems current, but Hersh indicated that
> this was a clustered production system and I was merely pointing out that there could be breakage by
> doing an upgrade.

what is confusing me is the usage of upgrade and update as synonym. The
suggested activity is an update (you stay with the same OS, libs etc.)
and this will not break any compatibility with an already running 3rd
party software. I mean if someone is scared about the "production" system,
will it change a broken harddisk if it is faulty? 5.4 is faulty - it is
an inherent attribute of software that mistakes are found and corrected.

So my suggestion is; reboot your system to check to functionality of all services
after this. then update your system with yum update rpm* glibc yum*; yum update

to your original question: you can not use a more recent glibc version.
it is not just an optional piece of software that can be altered, it is
the main/core part of an OS ...

--
LF