[CentOS] CENTOS 6.5 NO syslog.conf file. How to fix?

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Mon Mar 31 17:48:13 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
| On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 23:38:26 +0800 (CST)
| mcclnx mcc <mcclnx at yahoo.com.tw> wrote:
|
| > Can anyone tell me how to fix Centos 6.X no /etc/syslog.conf issue?
|
| It's /etc/rsyslog.conf now.
|
| --
| I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and
| tired of being told that ordinary decent people are fed up in this
| country with being sick and tired.  I'm certainly not.  But I'm
| sick and tired of being told that I am.
| - Monty Python

Upstream moved from syslog-ng to rsyslog during the move from 5 -> 6, as such the configuration is now /etc/rsyslog.conf.  However, because this is rsyslog now, your existing syslog configurations will not work.  You will either need to move to rsyslog or remove rsyslog and install syslog-ng if you wish to continue using your existing configurations.

--
James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices

"Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.  We KEEP MOVING FORWARD, opening up new doors and doing things because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney