[CentOS] Recompiling the Kernel for CentOS 6.5

Fri Mar 28 18:27:07 UTC 2014
Saket Sinha <saket.sinha89 at gmail.com>

Hi,

I am working on CentOS 6.5 which has 2.6.32-431 kernel.

I have a problem with my driver and I need to enable Kernel-Memory
leak in the kernel for which I will have to recompile the kernel.

I get the kernel source tree from the the source rpm for my running
kernel from below link-

http://vault.centos.org/6.5/updates/Source/SPackages/kernel-2.6.32-431.11.2.el6.src.rpm

 and I try to build the kernel according to the doc link written for RHEL-3 -

http://www.centos.org/docs/rhel-sag-en-3/s1-custom-kernel-modularized.html

according to which it tells me , after make menuconfig( and
customizing my configuration), I need to follow the following steps-

1.  make bzImage
2.  make modules
3.  make modules_install
4.  make install

but I get errors in the first step only-(make bzImage)

It was pointed out the CentOS-devel mailing list the below link-
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel

which allows me to create a rpm for my customized kernel and install it.

Now my question is there no method where in I can apply a kernel
source tree from kernel.org(maybe 3,x version) and install it on
Centos ?

Regards,
Saket Sinha