[CentOS] CentOS 6.5 install

Wed Mar 5 00:59:47 UTC 2014
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 07:00:08PM -0500, Kenny Noe wrote:
> Mark,
>
> My apologies for your frustration....  However I don't see a way to
> "bottom" post my replies.  FYI...  I'm using gmail.

Are you saying the gmail interface gives no way to click at the place where
you want to type?

Here is my favorite example of top posting and why it is bad.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>

> > You just top posted, again. #0: fuck Outlook, and anything like it.
> > FOLLOW, or intercollate, with the responses to your email. Follow, as in
> > put your response AT THE BOTTOM, of the email, not the top.

No, don't blame Outlook.  Blame---I don't know who--even mutt puts the
cursor at the top of the email--which makes sense.  Start at the beginning.
Then, you can go down through the letter and do inline posting, as if it
were a conversation.  Trimming is also important.  I remember being on a
martial arts list back in the 90's, when everyone used AOL and there were
folks who would, at the end of a 100 line post, just say, Good post.

http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php  (in this case, the
section on top-posting and trimming--trimming is as, IMHO, as, or more
important to making an email readable.)

And, if you can't do it because you're on a cell phone, then wait till you
get to a computer and post your reply then.   (Although, even on cell phones,
one can scroll down if they really want to.)

Anything else I say will make me feel like I'm now a grouchy old man
cursin' out the durn kids on my lawn, but anyway---look at it this
way--many on this list (and any list that has experienced people--and this
used to be true of the better MS lists as well, don't know if it still is),
will figure--if you're too lazy to bother posting in a way that makes it
easy to read, as Mark says, no one is going to go to the bottom of the
email to see what it was all about.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6