[CentOS] gnutls bug

Thu Mar 6 00:00:28 UTC 2014
Michael Coffman <michael.coffman at avagotech.com>

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 4:44 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 3/5/2014 3:36 PM, Michael Coffman wrote:
> > Not sure what your environment looks like but the systems I manage are
> > locked down and it's typically difficult to get them changed.   We have
> > hundreds of systems ( desktop, server and HPC systems) that are all the
> > same rev with all the same packages.   A large number of vendor packages
> > and internally developed packages have to be re-qualified everytime
> > anything is changed.   So we don't change them often.
>
> so you're a year behind on any security fixes.... why are you worried
> about this one, then?

This seems like it has more potentiol to impact users in my environment
that are using a web browser to access sites outside our firewall. It
seemed like a reasonable question to me as it looke like it might be easily
updated.  I did not realize that once the OS was vaulted, there were no
more updates.   Now I know so thanks...