[CentOS] CentOS 5 + Quagga + SELinux

Thu Mar 6 22:09:13 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:

> Not sure what you mean but these are files on a file system, Which I guess you
> define as a giant list of global variables.

Yes, in the sense that there can only be one of each.  And if you
intend for it to be widely used there might someday be a lot of them.

> The names tend to match the name
> of the package they are confining.  sshd.pp confined sshd for example.
>
> selinux-policy is a big upstream project hosted at tresys, where you would
> discover the conflicting names.
>
> We don't tend to add few new policy packages to a major rhel release.
>
> So it is unlikely that we would have a conflict with a name in an Enterprise
> release.

Of course you won't have conflicts "in" an enterprise release, just
like you don't have conflicts in rpm package names and contents -
because you have someone managing that release..  But for users
_running_ the enterprise release and adding other things run into
those conflicts with packages all the time.  Contexts/boolean names
aren't quite as common as 3rd party packages, but shouldn't there be a
plan for them to scale?

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com