[CentOS] Anyone using trac on centos?

Wed Mar 12 18:21:18 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 1:02 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> (Besides Paul, who's busy?)
>
> I just need one question answered: I keep reading the docs, and given the
> old traditional
> /var/www
> I get that part of trac should be installed in /var/www/trac/<myproj> (I
> think); what I can't figure out is whether there is *anything* under the
> document root, that is, /var/www/html/trac/<myproject>.
>
> Anyone have a clue? Do I even need it as a placeholder, or does anything
> actually go in there?

Don't know anything about this specific case, but one thing that will
get you is a redirect from apache if you omit the trailing / in the
URL from the browser.  That is, if the apache config has a handler for
/trac/ but the user asks for http://server_name/trac,  having that
directory under your default DocumentRoot (actually probably
/var/www/html/) will make apache redirect the browser to
http://server_name/trac/ and make everything else work.

--
  Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com