[CentOS] CentOS 5.x and HP ACU CLI

Wed Mar 12 21:21:13 UTC 2014

John R Pierce wrote:
> On 3/12/2014 2:12 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
>> # hpacucli ctrl all show config
>>
>> Error: No controllers detected.
>
> never mind, I installed an old version :-/

Hang on - here's something you might be interested in: I just rebuilt a
DL380 G5 from XP Server (!) to CentOS 6.5. After I installed hpacucli, and
tried to configure the attached RAID box... and *boy* was that screwed up.
I have 25 drives in the RAID box. But hpacucli showed me drives in bays
9-17 *twice*, then the rest as singletons. I rebooted, and used the
firmware, and it reported the same thing, meaning there's crap in that
thar code. However, I was able to configure it the way we wanted - 24
drives RAID 6, one hot spare, because in the firmware, it offers the
drives with check boxes, so regardless of what where it *says* they are, I
could check what I wanted, and that worked correctly.

          mark, unimpressed with HP software