[CentOS] Anyone using trac on centos?

Thu Mar 13 14:11:09 UTC 2014

Hi, Dan,

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> On 03/12/2014 04:52 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Peter Brady wrote:

<snip>
>>> For the single site install I've got a few things in /var/www/html:
>>>
>>> [root at develop www]# ls html/
>> <snip> Thanks, Peter. Between you and Paul, and, of course, much
>> googling,
<snip>
>> Installing the agilo-plugin was easy (well, I'll know when my user gets
>> going). Now shutting up selinux.... And no, what I found was *wrong*, it
>> was telling you to use chcon, which does *not* last across reboots.
>> semanage (bleah!)....
>>
> Mark what changes did you have to make for SELinux?

So far, all I've done is to change the fcontexts to httpd_sys_content_t,
except for the cgi, which is httpd_sys_script_exec_t. I hadn't managed to
google what to do with the trac.fsgi, which selinux doesn't seem to like
as the latter context.

What I was referring to, above, was someone's post that I found while
googling, who was saying you should chcon, which, as much as you know how
much I adore selinux (NOT!), I know to use semanage and restorecon.

Hmmm, I see the nightly run of updatedb is complaining: I have the cgi-bin
directory itself as httpd_sys_script_exec_t - what should that be, anyway?

The more I think of it, the less I like some of this....
-rw-r--r--. apache root system:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0 README
-rw-r--r--. apache root system:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0 VERSION
drwxr-xr-x. apache root system:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0 attachments
drwxr-xr-x. apache root system:object_r:httpd_sys_script_exec_t:s0 cgi-bin
drwxr-xr-x. apache root system:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0 conf
drwxr-xr-x. apache root system:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0 db
drwxr-xr-x. apache root system:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0 htdocs
drwxr-xr-x. apache root system:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0 log
drwxr-xr-x. apache root system:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0 plugins
drwxr-xr-x. apache root system:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0 templates

Seems to me that none of that but VERSION and htdocs should be content....
Advice?

Let's get this correct, and I'll post, and email trac about what they
should do. Right now, <http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracWithSeLinux> is
what they say, and they mention chcon with CentOS 6.3.

I see they have a policy (which, for some reason, is *not* part of the
trac package via upstream). I suppose I could implement it, but I'd rather
get someone who actually knows what they're talking about look at what
they say and advise me, Dan.

         mark.