[CentOS] Does anyone use tcp wrappers (hosts.allow/hosts.deny) anymore?

Sat Mar 22 13:02:09 UTC 2014
Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net>

On Sat, 2014-03-22 at 18:24 +1300, Cliff Pratt wrote:

> That text format is simple. Too simple. If you have multiple similar
> sub-sections you have to use some ad-hoc construction. For example if you
> require sub entries with eg a default sub-section and a per-user
> sub-section then the simple example doesn't work, or at least it is
> rendered a lot less readable. It doesn't nest.

Whoops your M$ heritage is showing.

On Linux "per-user" values are usually stored in individual
configuration files located in their users' ~ (/home/) directories - not
in a single, fragile and all-embracing nightmare called The Windoze
Registry.

Linux is much more logical and user-friendly. Hence the existence of
simple configuration files capable of containing copious configuration
hints and explanations - something omitted from the XML monstrosity.

 :-)

Centos is like a hot sunny day - a true joy to experience.
--
Paul.
England,

   Our systems are exclusively Centos. No Micro$oft Windoze here.