[CentOS] sendmail delay in presenting banner

Sun Mar 23 17:38:56 UTC 2014
Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.net>

This is probably being caused by DNS timeout trying to reverse-lookup
the connecting IP.  Check that your resolver (/etc/resolv.conf) is set
correctly and responding to e.g. "dig -x [IP-address]" queries in a
timely manner.  If you are using DHCP, note that /etc/resolv.conf may
be automatically created by the network setup scripts so manual edits
may not "stick".