[CentOS] [CentOS} Does anyone use tcp_wrappers?

Sun Mar 23 22:21:57 UTC 2014
Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net>

On Sun, 2014-03-23 at 19:28 +0100, adrian at pa0rda.nl wrote:

> Most certainly  YES!!!
> Next to iptables tcp_wrappers is a solid seconde line of defense.
> The argument that is is no longer developped is rubbish.

Geen onzin :-)

Who is developing the software's functionality ?

There is no current maintainer. Inevitably software may need
alterations, even small alterations, but without a volunteer maintainer
how can those alterations be done uniformly to all versions all over the
world ?

No one has stated the software is bad. The comments have been its old
and un-maintained. Old software does work well, so that is not an excuse
to kill-it-off. But without a maintainer who can add new functions and
repair any deficiencies (if they ever occur) what future has this
software realistically got ?

If TCP Wrappers "disappears" into oblivion after Centos/RHEL 7 finishes,
is that likely to create a problem ?  Individuals can, I assume, still
compile it and use it with Centos.

Mvg,

--
Paul.
England,

   Our systems are exclusively Centos. No Micro$oft Windoze here.