[CentOS] has anybody gotten horde working?

Tue Mar 25 23:34:08 UTC 2014
Cliff Pratt <enkiduonthenet at gmail.com>

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 12:45 AM, Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk> wrote:

> On 25/03/14 04:05, Les Mikesell wrote:

> >> It would be my personal preference that we help people run things on
> >> CentOS rather than always recommending another distribution.
> >
> > SME isn't exactly an 'other' distribution, and ClearOS wouldn't be if
> > CentOS6 had had a timely release.  They are the same code underneath,
> > just already configured to work as installed and with a few additions.
> >

> Whilst I understand why Johnny would prefer to be able to offer a
> CentOS-based solution rather than signposting users towards other
> products, I must admit I kind of agree with Les here.
>
> My initial thought to Johnny's reply was why would CentOS want to
> reinvent this particular wheel, looking to solve a problem that has
> already been solved, just not by CentOS.
>
> I thought that CentOS's space was to be plug compatible with RHEL. Or has
that changed?

As such any upgrade to a package that also in RHEL breaks that paradigm.

Pragmatically that is going to happen in the hobbyist arena, but probably
should not happen in the professional (for want of a better word) arena.

Cheers,

Cliff