[CentOS] Is there any benefit to using NetworkManager on a server with a static IP?

Wed Mar 26 10:40:52 UTC 2014
ken <gebser at mousecar.com>

On 03/25/2014 11:35 PM Christopher Jacoby wrote:
> I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get a simple two NIC
> bond to work. Got really odd behavior from service network restart, then
> finally decided to disable NetworkManager. Voila! Bonding and the network
> service script starts working just the way I expect.
>
> Does anyone here actually use NetworkManager on anything but a laptop or
> desktop? I can't seem to figure out a reason to use it on a server.
>
> Chris

Three or four of five  times I tried using it and every time it messed
things up much more than it helped.  And each time, after a bit more
investigation and playing around with configuration files, I got things
to work without using NM.  So I don't use it anymore... and don't
recommend it to anyone else.