[CentOS] GLIBC_2.7 not found

Fri Mar 28 13:57:06 UTC 2014
Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane <todd.denniston at navy.mil>

if you MUST have the cluster accessible by the internet, or even much of the institution's intranet, definitely consider options for keeping it up to date.  Or at least it's accessible nodes.
I noticed when I looked at rocks[1]  a while back, that there are folks in that community which have been _looking_ at how to safely do some updates:
https://wiki.rocksclusters.org/wiki/index.php/Software_Update_%28SUWG%29
Note that it looks like they have not updated the page in a while, so I would use on a test cluster and do a small compute job that is in line with what your  institution often does first. And of course see if that group could be reinvigorated. :)

Oh, and no I don't run a rocks myself, but had looked into one around the time of the formation of the above group.

[1] http://www.rocksclusters.org/wordpress/

Even when this disclaimer is not here:
I am not a contracting officer. I do not have authority to make or modify the terms of any contract.