[CentOS] Supervise Directory With TRIPWIRE

Mon Mar 31 16:52:20 UTC 2014
SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Rodrigo Pichiñual Norin <
rodrigo.pichinual at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have a question, I need supervise a directory of apache on centos
>
> The directory it is:
>
> /var/www/html/application/........
>
> But I not know if this it is possible...
>
> Tripwire Can supervise the directory and all files within ?????

If you look at it, /root/ is monitored and any file added within shows up
on the daily report.
That's a place to start.

> this it is possible mofidy the policies for default???

Yes.

/etc/tripwired/twpol.txt is a plain text version

Modify that file and then you need to run twadmin --create-polfile and also
re-initalize the tw database.

I figured it out by hand a while back and scripted the rest from there.
( I was removing files/directories that no longer exist, whereas you are
adding items. )