[CentOS] Disappearing Network Manager config scripts

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri May 2 01:49:07 UTC 2014

On 2014-05-01, m.roth at 5-cent.us <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> I think I need to check with my manager - we do have a few RH licenses -
> and maybe I, or several of us, should put in an enhancement request for 7:
> DO NOT INSTALL NM by default *EXCEPT* for either a desktop, or, better, a
> laptop install. DO set network up by default in all other cases.

I would suggest that it be installed and used by default for a
''beginner'' install, and specifically asked about in an ''expert''
install.  I don't see the point in making a distinction between server,
desktop, or laptop, because an expert setting up a laptop might prefer
not to use NM, and a beginner setting up a server might need NM, or
might not even know how to configure a network without it.  (I know,
beginners probably shouldn't be installing servers, but they're going to
do it anyway.)

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us