[CentOS] Terminal settings

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon May 5 19:06:21 UTC 2014

Nathan Duehr wrote:
> On May 1, 2014, at 1:16 PM, Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley at pcraft.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 1:12 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>
>> wrote:
<snip>
> Good ol' SecureCRT... it's a bit odd.
>
> One fun "trick" with SecureCRT (or anything that's been around the block
> long enough to know what ZModem is/was...) install the lrzsz package on
> your Linux systems, and then pick any file you want to send to your
> Winderz machine, "sz [filename]"... and watch the auto-start ZModem fun
> begin... heh... or the opposite direction, "rz"... and pick from the
> ZModem menu in SecureCRT what file you want to send...
>
> It'll take ya right back to BBS'ing in the 80s.  :-)

Hey, you puttin' down zmodem, man? The only one that picked up, if you
lost the connection, from where it was, rather than starting new? Only
rsync is that good....
<snip>
The nerve of some people, puttin' down perfectly good software....

        mark "that's right, when I get the 5.25" floppy drive working,
               to go through all my old ones, I need to copy Brief...."