[CentOS] centosplus kernel-debug

Steve Clark sclark at netwolves.com
Wed May 7 16:33:16 UTC 2014

On 05/07/2014 11:48 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 6:24 AM, Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com> wrote:
>
>> I am setting up crashkernel and was wondering where I get the kernel-debug rpm
>> for centosplus kernels.
> The kernel-debug package has never been built for the centosplus
> kernel as far as I know. It requires its own config file. I suggest
> you use the distro kernel if you need to debug something. Do you have
> a particular reason why you want to do this with the plus kernel?
>
> Akemi

Hi Akemi,

We have a remote unit that has been crashing and I wanted to collect the dump. We can't use the latest
kernel because it breaks multicasting with gres. We use OSPF over multiple gre tunnels and the
.358 kernel is the latest one that works correctly.

I have tested the crash setup and it seems to work ok without having the kernel-dump rpm installed so
it doesn't seem to be absolutely necessary. Maybe only if you have a limited amount of memory.

Regards,

--
Stephen Clark
*NetWolves Managed Services, LLC.*