[CentOS] Samba problem

Joseph Hesse

joehesse at gmail.com
Mon May 12 21:33:04 UTC 2014

Hello,

My only hard drive failed on a private server so I had to replace it and
reinstall Centos 6.5 and Samba.
My smb.conf file is OK according to "testparm".
I configured smb and nmb, with chkconfig, to start when the system boots.

After the system boots if I do "service nmb status" I get the response
"nmbd dead but pid file exists".
I can delete the pid file manually and start nmb with "service nmb start".
The problem is that when the system shuts down and restarts I still find
that "nmbd dead but pid file exists".

Any suggestions on how to fix the problem would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Joe