[CentOS] Error starting Virtual Machine Manager: Failed to contact configuration server

Wade Hampton

wadehamptoniv at gmail.com
Wed May 14 17:13:39 UTC 2014

I just updated and rebooted a VM host server which
runs CentOS 6.5/x86_64.  After rebooting, I can't start the
virtual-manager due to the error:

Error starting Virtual Machine Manager: Failed to contact configuration
server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking
for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ [^] for information. (Details -  1: Failed
to get connection to session: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-Q6...:
Connection refused).

I have tried:
  service messagebus restart
  service libvirtd restart

If I manually start dbus, it works and I can run my VMs:
  dbus-launch --exit-with-session virt-manager

Any ideas on how to fix this?
--
Wade Hampton