[CentOS] Set static IP

Richard Zimmerman rzimmerman at riverbendhose.com
Thu May 15 19:54:43 UTC 2014

I've always known the config file to be /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

Sample:
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
IPADDR=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
NETMASK=255.255.255.xxx
DEFROUTE=yes
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=yes
IPV6INIT=yes
NETWORKING_IPV6=yes
NAME="System eth0"
HWADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

IP addresses changed to protect the guilty :)

Hopes this helps...

Richard