[CentOS] Virtualising legacy CentOS 4.x servers

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Fri May 16 01:54:22 UTC 2014

CentOS 4 should virtualize just fine under Xen.  You will need to
install the kernel-xenU package if you want to run it as a PV domain
(recommended).  At the time I think that Xen was RedHat's virt of choice.

While I haven't tested C4 explicitly of late, it should run just fine
under Xen4Centos in the dom0.  You can backup without shutting down the
domain from the dom0 if you want if you use LVM and just take a
snapshot, then just mount the snapshot and backup from there.

Peter