[CentOS] Disable login at boot

Clint Dilks clint.dilks at gmail.com
Wed May 21 04:51:48 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 2:18 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 5/20/2014 6:59 PM, Karalyn Capone wrote:
> > Not disable the screen. I just want the machine to log in on boot
> automatically.
>
> huh?   linux boots up and runs all services without any console log
> on.   This isn't MS Windows.
>
> anything you want running automatically, put it in a service script in
> /etc/rc.d/init.d and symlinked to appropriate run level directories via
> chkconfig servicename on
>
> or put it in /etc/rc.local although that method is rather deprecated.

Hi,  from reading this thread I am beginning to think that the OP has a
Desktop type install and wants people to be able to be logged in as a
specific user without entering a password.

If I am correct does the advice at the bottom of this page may work
https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5625

I haven't tested this myself :)