[CentOS] Disable login at boot

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed May 21 05:15:41 UTC 2014

On 5/20/2014 9:51 PM, Clint Dilks wrote:
> Hi,  from reading this thread I am beginning to think that the OP has a
> Desktop type install and wants people to be able to be logged in as a
> specific user without entering a password.

but he said its headless, and will be remote administered, so the idea
of a default logon is baffling to me.

most of my servers have remote console boards in them, ipmi or whatever,
but I only use those when I'm installing the OS, or repairing a
problem.   I don't start the GUI, so they sit at a text mode logon prompt.