[CentOS] Disable login at boot

Billy Crook bcrook at riskanalytics.com
Wed May 21 20:01:27 UTC 2014

You know I have a couple machines I use that might fit that description.
They autologin to gnome and autostart firefox pointed at say, a cacti page.

When I need to change the url, I update the script that launches Firefox,
and and restart X, all over ssh.  There's no keyboard or mouse on the
remote machine, but there is a monitor.  I don't know that I'd call it
headless.  But it's definitely remotely administered, and still has a
screen enabled.

What a fun guessing game.

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 2:52 PM, Vanhorn, Mike
<michael.vanhorn at wright.edu>wrote:

> On 5/20/14 9:59 PM, "Karalyn Capone" <kcapone at haivision.com> wrote:
>
> >Not disable the screen. I just want the machine to log in on boot
> >automatically.
>
> I think we're all still confused.
>
> If it's going to be headless and remotely administered, why do you want it
> to login automatically on the console?
>
> ---
> Mike VanHorn
> Senior Computer Systems Administrator
> College of Engineering and Computer Science
> Wright State University
> 265 Russ Engineering Center
> 937-775-5157
> michael.vanhorn at wright.edu
> http://www.cecs.wright.edu/~mvanhorn/

Billy Crook • Network and Security Administrator • RiskAnalytics, LLC