[CentOS] Synnefo open source cloud stack, now available for CentOS

Constantinos Venetsanopoulos

cven at grnet.gr
Thu May 22 10:17:17 UTC 2014

Hello everybody,

we are happy to announce that since v0.15.1, Synnefo is available
for the CentOS distribution via our official RPM packages.

For those unfamiliar with Synnefo [1], it is a complete open source
cloud platform built on top of Google Ganeti [2], with OpenStack APIs.
Synnefo is written in Python from scratch.

CentOS is the first RPM-based distro officially supported, and for
CentOS 6.5 we have the first step by step installation guide.

Please find the official announcement, along with links to our yum
repository and documentation, here:

http://synnefo-software.blogspot.com/2014/05/synnefo-comes-to-centos.html

We are very pleased to make our first steps towards the Red Hat community
and especially happy that these start with CentOS.

So, feel free to try everything out!
Needless to say that any kind of feedback is highly appreciated.

Enjoy,
on behalf of the Synnefo team,
Constantinos

[1] http://www.synnefo.org