[CentOS] Newer version of FfMpeg

Lists

lists at benjamindsmith.com
Fri May 23 19:09:11 UTC 2014

We're trying to build a rich media website, and will need to re-encode
the video content with ffmpeg. Unfortunately, the ffmpeg version that
comes with the most common repos are rather out of date. As in 0.6.5 vs
2.21 being the most current version. However, ffmpeg looks to be a
pretty thorny thing to compile with all the options we need. It appears
that the FFMPEG with rpmfusion for Fedora is pretty current, 2.1.4.

Is there a repo out there that anybody knows of that has a relatively
current version of ffmpeg out for Centos 6?

Thanks in advance,

Ben