[CentOS] files automatically changing permissionssdsds

Tim Dunphy

bluethundr at gmail.com
Thu May 29 02:23:51 UTC 2014

hello,

I'm running apache 2.2.24 and php 5.2.17. The web site that it's service
turns into a 403 Forbidden error every 5 minutes literally. I've found that
doing a chmod -Rv 775 on the web root restores the site. However this is a
band-aid and no real solution.

I've combed through all the cron jobs in /var/spool/cron both on this
machine and the one it was recently transferred from. And I can find
absolutely NO evidence of any rsync jobs or chowns or anything similar that
could be affecting that directory.

What I need to do is to figure out how to determine what exactly is
changing the permissions on that directory's files so that I can put an end
to it. Right now I have a chown -Rv 775 running on the directory every 5
minutes. But that is just going to contribute to load and can't be a
permanent solution.

The directory in question is on an NFS share. However I am unsure of that
being the cause.

I'm afraid that I am at a loss for troubleshooting steps here. Can someone
please help me find some ways to track this down and put an end to this?

Thanks
Tim

--
GPG me!!