[CentOS] USB-3.0 on C6.5 ??

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu May 29 12:12:24 UTC 2014

On 05/28/2014 10:52 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> I didn't do that, but what I did do was download a nightly build
> for Fedora 21, a live CD image, burn it to a disc and boot that.
> One would think it has a recent kernel (I neglected to look while
> it was running to find out what kernel it was).
>
> so I ran a bunch of commands to copy stuff to and from it, and
> while it took a few minutes, it also failed in more or less the same
> way. I'd guess that means that whatever the bug is, it's not fixed
> in Linux, yet.
>
> :( :( :(

So, do you have any other external USB 3 drives laying around to test with?

It would be good to test if this is a problem with more than just the
one external RAID box that you are using.

How long does this usually take to get the error and what kind of writes
access does it take to cause it to fail .. I have 2 of those exact
boards in production and a USB3 drive I can plug in and test.  I would
like to know if this is specific to individual drives or an overall USB3
problem as I recommend those boards to people now.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes