[CentOS] OEM suggestions

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Thu May 29 15:26:02 UTC 2014

Hey, folks,

   I'm working on finding some new compute nodes. What I'm looking for is
a 64 core box, with room enough for a lot of RAM. I can get it from
Dell, or HP (bleah! a 4U box), but I need to have three quotes, y'know.
We've gotten a lot from Penguin in the past, but they're all
Supermicro, and we've had a *lot* of problems with the 64 core boxes,
so I'm looking for another vendor.

   Suggestions? Recommendations? People to run the other way from?
(Sun/Oracle is down there *under* "none of the above").

       mark