[CentOS] OEM suggestions

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu May 29 18:35:11 UTC 2014

On 5/29/2014 10:48 AM, Andrew Holway wrote:
>> >On the last, Dell's hard to beat. Sun/Oracle ranks under "none of the
>> >above".... So....
>> >
> If you can find someone selling these puppies in the US Intel server
> platforms are rather nice:
>
> http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/server-systems/server-board-s4600lh-lt-systems.html
>
> http://www.intelserveredge.com/  - Try here maybe

those E5-46xx V2 cpus are only 10 or 12 cores, so thats only 40 or 48
cores...   m.roth wanted 64, which pretty much means 8 socket and/or AMD
land.   oh, and the 12 core Intel cpu is $4400 each.

On 5/29/2014 11:20 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Look nice... but trying to google someone selling*servers*  with the board
> isn't getting me anywhere. I happened across the Asus RS927, but that,
> after much looking, turns out to only do 32 cores max. Got a clue on
> models of*server*, from anyone, that uses the Intel board?

a bit confusing, but those are in fact 2U servers.
http://ark.intel.com/products/61027

barebones, they are like $3200, so add CPU + RAM + Disk...