[CentOS] clamav

Emmett Culley

lst_manage at webengineer.com
Fri May 30 04:53:53 UTC 2014

Every time I update my system with clamav, it doesn't restart and freshclam no longer works, because of a permission issue on the log directory.  Each time I update clamav I have to search the Internet to figure out what there is to do.  That NEVER helps so I try different combinations on user and group in amavis-new and clamav configuratio files, until I eventually get them both to work.

I am getting clamav and amavisd update from the epel repo.  What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Emmett