[CentOS] clamav

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri May 30 21:59:40 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Emmett Culley
<lst_manage at webengineer.com> wrote:

>>> So I removed it all again and reinstalled from RPMforge.  Now it all works as expected.  I never should have switch from RPMforge to EPEL for these programs.
>>

>> actually, IMHO, you should have switched.   EPEL is much better
>> maintained than RPMforge these days.   the catch is, to do that switch
>> cleanly, you woudl have had to completely uninstall the rpmforge
>> version, disable rpmforge, THEN install the epel version
>>
> I did that, and still clam failed to filter mail.  I do admin that I didn't delete "all" related files before installing from EPEL, ANsd I do also feel that EPEL is the better choice, so I guess I'll do it all over again.

I don't think just installing the package makes it filter mail.   If
you want to really start from scratch you might try mimedefang to
drive all your scanning/filtering, especially if you are running
sendmail and can write some perl snippets to control it.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com