[CentOS] Ordering of disks in laptop

Mon May 5 18:08:20 UTC 2014
H <agents at meddatainc.com>

I have a Lenovo laptop where I recently replaced the harddisk with a
Intel 530 240 Gb SSD (SATA III) on which I then installed Centos 6.5
which runs just fine albeit at SATA II speed. I then replaced the
DVD-drive in the Ultrabay with an identical Intel SSD, the
Ultrabay-adapter apparently uses a PATA-SATA bridge so this drive would
only run at PATA speed.

Being a Centos newbie, I am not sure why Centos calls the first SSD sdb
and the second one in the Ultrabay sda? It would seem to me that the
first one, the one replacing the original harddisk, should be the main
one and be called sda but clearly there is something I don't understand.
In the BIOS the SSD replacing the harddisk has a higher boot order
priority then the SSD replacing the DVD-drive.

Suggestions?

Thanks.