[CentOS] Format big drives (4TB) in the installer?

Wed May 7 14:41:23 UTC 2014
CS_DBA <cs_dba at consistentstate.com>

Hi all;

I cross posted this to the fedora list since we use Fedora as a test bed
from time to time, however given this is a production server we'll
likely be running CentOS.

we've just ordered a new server
(http://www.spectrumservers.com/ssproducts/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=26&idproduct=787)

Originally I tried to simply upgrade an older server with more drive
space, I installed six (6)  4TB drives and did a new CentOS 6.5 install
but the OS would not allow me to configure more than 2TB per drive.

Subsequent research leads me to conclude that if the bios supports UEFI
and the installer boots as such then the installer should see 4TB drives
without any issues.  I'm also assuming that any server I order today
(i.e. a more modern server) should ship with UEFI support in the bios.

Are my conclusions above per UEFI correct?

Thanks in advance