[CentOS] CENTOS and GlusterFS

Thu May 15 16:54:36 UTC 2014
Alessandro Baggi <alessandro.baggi at gmail.com>

Hi list,
I'm planning to setup a two-node "cluster" with file replication and samba.
I've used drbd in the  past with success, but now there isn't drbd on
the official repo but only from elrepo. I want follow centos Line and
than switch to GlusterFS.

Said that, I'm new to GlusterFS.

I have two hosts with a 2tb disk space for replica.
I've ridden that glusterfs is not compatible with smb/cifs/nfs and that
for this purpose I must mount locally the volume and share it with samba
and the hosts must act as client and server at the same time.

It is possibile shares a mounted disk on /data with samba, and apply a
replica volume on /data without using glusterfs export?

Example:
[Host1]                          [Host2]
/data -> smb                     /data -> smb
gluster_replica<---------------->gluster_replica

Ip and services will be managed from corosync+pacemaker.

There will be problems and complication with this configuration about
replication/sync?

Thanks in advance.

Alessandro.