[CentOS] wpa_supplicant - an utter failure, for some reason

Tue May 20 01:37:58 UTC 2014
Boris Epstein <borepstein at gmail.com>

Hello listmates,

I feel a little embarrassed but I can not get through this one and any help
will be much appreciated.

I have a Broadcom WiFi adapter in a 64-bit CentOS 6.5 laptop. Trying to get
it connect automatically - and it just would not - no error messages,
nothing. With the same config NetworkManager connects without a hitch,

I have to compile the wl module out of an SRPM - but after that it seemed
to work fine under the NetworkManager but not automatically, via
wpa_supplicant.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice. The WiFi security is WPA.

Cheers,

Boris.